Since the world has embraced a new era of technology, the internet is where people meet for socialization, business and general communication. More and more people are using mobile devices to access the internet, mobile apps are a good way for your business to make life easier for your customers and increase brand awareness.
5 Mobile Apps Stats You Should Know
If your business has yet to jump on the mobile bandwagon, you might want to climb aboard soon. New statistics presented by mobile business card provider, Vizibility, show that as the market for smartphones and tablets grows ever larger, the demand for mobile websites grows with it.
Mobile Apps Stats
Here are five statistics that all business owners should know about how mobile devices are changing the face of the web:
- Of the 1.2 billion computing devices sold in 2012, smartphones and tablets out-shipped PCs by 2-1.
- 67 percent of consumers say they are more likely to buy from a business with a mobile-friendly site.
- Companies that don’t have a mobile-friendly site drive 61 percent of their mobile traffic to competitors.
- Among those who used online resources to search for professional services in the past year, 21 percent did so using a smartphone and 12 percent did so using a tablet.
- Fifty-seven percent of consumers say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
For practical reasons, consumers use different devices for different purposes. And while a recent survey of adult internet users shows that PCs are still the preferred device for checking email, smartphones are favored for staying connected and engaged.
“Simply porting an experience originally designed for a PC to a smartphone can make it more mobile-frenemy than mobile-friendly,” said James Alexander, Founder and CEO of Vizibility.
You can view the original article here.
Mobile apps are clearly the latest craze to hit mobile technology. Internet enabled smartphone owners are constantly on the lookout trying to find applications that will make their lives easier and interesting.